Friday, April 4, 2014

Letter to Cox Communications

Dear Cox Communications,

I have been a loyal customer since 1994. Twenty years. In the seven moves that I have made during those years, I chose your service each time. My bill in that time has quadrupled and the service I receive has gone down proportionally.

Since moving into my new home in late August 2013, I have had to contact your customer support numerous times for a variety of issues. My cable tv frequently pixelates rending the picture and sound worthless. I try to watch movies On Demand only to have them freeze in the middle and then I can no longer watch them. Or, I try to pause them only to find they won't pause and then when I stop them and try to come back, Cox Communications is experiencing technical difficulty once again. It is a miracle that I have internet at the moment to compose this letter on my blog. The internet is sketchy and often painfully slow.

I don't watch much television, but once in a while, I take some time for myself to relax and watch a movie. Last night was one of those times. I had been wanting to see "Saving Mr. Banks". I decided to take that time to have a quiet evening watching a movie. About 45 minutes into the movie, I tried to pause it to take a bathroom break. It wouldn't pause. I tried everything I could think of. Nothing worked. I decided to just stop the movie and try to start it again. Guess what? You were experiencing technical difficulties yet again.

As I usually do, I picked up the phone and dialed 600-8282. I have the number memorized. After sitting on the phone waiting for a Customer Service Representative to pick up (all Customer Service Representatives were busy assisting other callers - I'll bet they were!), I finally gave up after 19 minutes. I waited for a little bit and tried again. I sat on hold for another 6 minutes. Nothing. I hung up.

This morning, I tried to get onto my Cox webmail to send you a letter. That was a fail! Although I could miraculously access my e-mail, I could not contact you.

I am a teacher and there is absolutely not enough time during your regular work hours to sit on the phone waiting for someone to assist me. I always have to call after work at which time your regular supervisors have already gone home.

Your technicians have been to my home probably five times since late August. I have only lived here for about seven months. Each time, I am told that the problem is fixed. Well, it is not. I pay around $190.00 a month for my high-speed internet and cable service. The phone service that is included with that is not used by me which is probably a good thing because the odds are that it wouldn't work properly either.

In this time, I believe I have received two twenty dollar credits. I make approximately $29.00 an hour. My time is valuable and is better spent doing things besides sitting on the phone waiting for a Customer Service Representative to help me or having to schedule a two hour window in my busy schedule to wait for one of your technicians to arrive to "fix" the issues with my service.

From this day forward, I will document every second spent of my life dealing with Cox Communications issues. I will charge you $29.00 an hour for every hour I am either on the phone with you, not having service with you, or waiting for a technician to arrive. I will deduct that amount from my monthly bill. Based on my history with your service, I anticipate my bill will be cut dramatically.

You have one pissed off customer here. This letter is on my blog and it is headed to Facebook and any other social media I can find. I will be speaking to everyone I know about the sub-par service I receive and the sad monetary compensation you offer.

Should I actually be able to get onto your Customer Service website, you will find this letter there.

Sincerely,

Kelli Thomas

No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...