Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Buried Alive

                               buried
                                     Image found at: http://listverse.com/2010/02/02/10-horrifying-premature-burials


There is a trend on Facebook now - taking quizzes. You can find out your Spirit Animal, what flower you are, or what urban legend you are. I often take these in the wee hours of the morning as I drink my coffee and try to become somewhat coherent.

This morning I took the "Which Urban Legend Are You" quiz. There are about six questions, highly scientific I am sure. Each question has nine possible answers. The results of my quiz this morning came back with "Buried Alive". How fitting.

Day after day, it feels as if I have been buried alive. Thrown into a grave with shovels full of dirt being tossed at me all day. The weight and pressure crushing not only my body but my soul. I frantically try digging myself out, but there are too many shovels at the top of the grave covering me up. I can't breathe, I can't see. I am exhausted, just reaching for air, light.

Life is a precious gift. I don't believe we were put on this earth to struggle and feel defeated on a daily basis. After 17 years, I think it is time to jump out of the grave, brush off the dirt, and find a new direction for my life - one in which shovels and dirt are used to build, not bury. It is time for a life filled with meaning and purpose. I am going to walk away - feel the warm sun on my face, filly my lungs with fresh air, and just breathe...fully, for the first time in a very long time.
                                   walking-away
                                              Image by Katarina Silva





1 comment:

Maria Polson Veres said...

Beautiful and poetic--a perfect thought for the Easter season. I can identify with feeling buried alive. Maybe a lot of us can. (Now I'll have to look for that quiz...)

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...