Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Quit.

Do you know how many times a day I wonder what would happen if I just walked out and said two words?  Two words?

I quit.

What if I decided that...

I will no longer put in 150% effort towards students who couldn't possibly care less.

I will no longer lose sleep trying to find a way to reach those who don't want to be reached.

I will no longer try to find fun games to teach those who don't want to learn anything.

I will no longer try to teach self control to those who won't ever use it.

I quit.

I quit trying to get you to turn in your work and not lose your pencil, every single day.

I quit trying to get you to treat your classmates nicely and with respect.

I quit trying to get you to be polite and wait your turn and not blurt out constantly in class.

I quit trying to teach you manners.

I quit trying to teach you any math or reading because you refuse to pay attention.

I quit.

I will no longer be so stressed that it takes me all night just to unwind after a day at school.

I will no longer worry that your test results are going to affect my salary.

I will no longer worry that I'm a failure because YOU refuse to put any effort towards your education.

I will no longer hate the person I become when I am at the end of my rope in the classroom.

I quit.

I will quit being so drained that I can't think straight.

I will quit being so tired that I have no energy left for my family.

I will quit being too exhausted to go into my studio and do what I love....create.

I will quit crying because I can't do anything more.

I quit.

What if.........................?




No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...