Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One of the Best Days E*V*E*R*!

Tuesday afternoon, a little after lunch time and I am already in the midst of one of the best days ever...

I woke up this morning feeling rested and refreshed despite dreaming about being on a boat with George Clooney, Matt Damon, and a dog with chicken pox.  But that's another story.

After getting out of bed, I stretched, had a cup of tea, and gradually woke up.  I had a couple of errands to run first thing this morning, but after those were done I headed to my new studio.

A little over a month ago I moved into a new house, well it's an old house from the 1950's, but it's new to me.  One of the best parts about this house is the Florida room in the back of the house.  With its southern wall made of floor to ceiling windows, it's tile floor, and partially bricked walls, it makes a perfect studio.  For years I have been wanting, needing, a studio....a place where all my stuff could be out and I could escape and create.  This place is perfect.



(No, it's not a real dog.  It's a stuffed wolf.  Yes, I have several.  I like them.  Be quiet.)

The studio, Laughing Horse Studio, is a mess right now, but that's good...that means I'm working.  And that is why this is one of the best days ever.

For the last few weeks, I've been spending most of my time in here.  I have two work spaces set up.  One is more of an office area where I do research, print things off my computer that I will incorporate into my artwork, or just pay bills.  The other is my drafting table where most of the actual creating happens.  But I'm totally surrounded by all of my stuff....all the things I have been collecting for years, just waiting for the day I'd have my own space to create something unique with them.

It feels so amazing to be doing this.  It feels natural.  It makes me happy. 

Today has been so great because this is the type of day I envision myself having every day.  Waking up feeling refreshed and excited about the day ahead, wondering what I will create today from a blank, white canvas.  Knowing that I can go to the bathroom whenever I like and as many times as I need to.  Eating lunch when I am hungry.  Taking a nap if I need one.  Blare my music.  Dance between projects.  See a finished product and know that I created it. 

You know when something is right.  You feel it deep within you.  Every cell of you resonates a primal knowing.  You are exactly where you are supposed to be doing exactly what you are supposed to do. 

It feels good.  Really good.


(By the way, I came up with the name Laughing Horse Studio after I saw a road in New Mexico called Laughing Horse Road.  I thought it would make a perfect name for a studio.  I think it fits.)

No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...