Monday, August 15, 2011

Morning Tranquility



It is early morning.  This is my favorite part of the day.  The hot cup of coffee next to me warms my hands when I take a sip, the aroma awakening my senses.  Everything is still except for the slightly off-balance ceiling fan circling above my head. 

This is the way a day should begin, every day.  A gentle transition from slumber to slowly waking up, stretching your body, taking time for quiet reflection, eager to see what the day will bring. 

I resist the urge to turn on the tv to catch up on the news from the past evening.  It is usually negative anyway and if it is something important enough to know, I'll find out eventually.  Instead, I sit here and think, and write.  I dream of the day when this is how all my days start.  In fact, I can have them all start like this, but for now my quiet time will be limited since I do start back to school today. 

There has been a major shift in me the last few years.  I am finally putting into action all that I have learned about living the life I want, making it mine, making it happen.  By starting each day with this quiet time for gratitude and reflection, I feel confident I will continue on the path of living an authentic and fulfilling life.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...