Saturday, April 30, 2011

Work in Progress

When I created this blog almost a year and a half ago, I wasn't really sure what to call it.  I had seen other blogs with cute little names and cute little backgrounds with pictures of cute little kids.  Those are all very, well, cute.  But my reasons for creating a blog were not to showcase my cute little life or to follow the recipes of a famous chef and post the results daily.  Honestly, I didn't really know what my intention was.  But I knew that this seemed like the right thing to do. 

As time has gone by, I have written about many things.  I have written about my travels, my hopes, dreams, frustrations.  I have stirred emotions in many people, some good, some bad.  Not once have I ever tried to hurt anyone with my words here, only gently include people who have influenced me in different ways.  There is a reason the name "Work in Progress" came to me.  This blog is about me....a work in progress.

Over time, I have opened up in my writing, expressing myself deeply and honestly.  This is MY expression.  This is how I feel.  I realize that there are always two sides to every story and thank GOD people don't always agree with each other.  How boring!  There are going to be those who are moved by what I say and those who are downright pissed off by what I say.  That's ok.  Because one way or another, I have touched a nerve.  And if I have pissed off someone, that means that maybe there is something I need to work on further in my life, or maybe, just maybe, there is something that they need to work on in their life.

So as I continue to write, "Work in Progress", I will do it with the knowledge that I am different from many people but my mission is to be honest in my writing.  Not pompous, all-knowing, and judgmental... just honest, authentic, goofy, profound, confused, positive, hurt, angry, hopeful......just "me".  I am a work in progress, but after 44 years, I like me.  Quite a bit actually.  Hope you do too.  But if not, that's ok too.

2 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

I started my blog as kind of a journal, just for me. It is fun to get comments back. They're welcome, but not needed. I just post my thoughts, or what I'm doing then later, I ponder what I've written and why...it's like I'm learning about myself when I can read something I wrote several months prior. I'm glad you visited my blog and I might mention that I often wish I had moved to Colorado years ago... I've thought about that "lots". I wonder if it is just one of those, "I'll be happy when things that I sometimes do?" hmmm...I'm practicing not doing that anymore...ha ha ha! Just keep writing for you...

Kelli Thomas said...

Thank you...I am writing for me. That's the beauty of it. This works for me so much better than just keeping a private journal. I think moving to Colorado might be something that needs to be a definite thing for me, not something I regret not doing later in life. We'll see what happens!

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...