Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quiet Saturday Morning

Last night, I slept with my bedroom window opened again.  The brisk air coming in throughout the night made me sleep deeply.  Even though it got chilly, I loved having the fresh air filling my lungs.  Burrowing under my covers far enough to cover my ears, I felt like I was wrapped in a cocoon. 

This morning I woke up to such stillness, such quiet.  As usual, I am the first one up.  I made coffee in my half-dead coffee maker which has now officially kicked the bucket.  But I squeezed one last pot of coffee out of it and returned with my semi-hot cup of coffee and crawled back into bed.  Everything is still and quiet around me.  Normally by this time in the morning I hear voices outside, vehicles driving by, movement of some sort.  But not today.  It makes me feel as if I am the only one around.

I like that feeling....feeling as if I am the only one around.  Being surrounded by kids all day and then coming home to my own kids and usually those that belong to other parents, it is rare that I get the pleasure of walking in to a calm, serene environment.  Having both kids in high school, I know that those days are dwindling quickly and that before I know it, I will be sitting in my silent home on a Saturday morning wishing for the days of chaos, well maybe a day or two of it.

But this morning, I am taking the time to just sit and listen to the morning silently unfolding.  This is how every day should begin.  Softly, peacefully, with time to wake up fully and ready yourself for your day. 

Here's to a beautiful day!  Enjoy!

No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...