Saturday, February 12, 2011

Laziness and Books

With all the snow days we've had lately (three more last week), you would have thought I would have used my time wisely to be creative - write, paint, get out in the snow with my camera.  No.  I barely got off the sofa.  I had my nosed buried in book after book, day after day.  It was a little slice of literary heaven.

Since I was a little girl, I have loved books...all kinds of books.  I love the way they feel, the way they smell.  The crinkly sound of the turning pages is music to my ears.  I used to read avidly, finding myself lost in another world, another time, another life.

This past June, I made a promise to myself....read more.  Since then I have completed fourteen books.  My appetite for reading has become voracious and I am finding it hard to get off my butt and do something more productive.  Don't get me wrong, I find reading very productive.  I learn so much and it is so fulfilling, but the dust on my furniture is starting to get a little creepy.  I should probably tackle that before starting another book.

I thought I'd list the books I've read so far, since June.  Any recommendations are always welcome.  Any thoughts on any of the books I've read are also welcome.  So, here we go....

1.  Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
2.  Us - Lisa Oz
3.  Scarlett - Alexandra Ripley
4.  Committed (A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage) - Elizabeth Gilbert
5.  Women, Food, and God - Geneen Roth
6.  Stephen King on Writing:  A Memoir of the Craft - Stephen King
7.  Writing Down the Bones - Natalie Goldberg
8.  Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
9.  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
10.  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
11.  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling
12.  Ghost Grizzlies - David Petersen
13.  Never Cry Wolf - Farley Mowat
14.  I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou

No comments:

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...