Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning

It's Christmas morning. We only got a dusting of snow last night, but it is still a white Christmas. It's almost 9:30 in the morning and Bradley and I are the only ones up.

This is a very different Christmas from all my other Christmases. This is the first Christmas where we weren't all up really early ripping into lots of presents. Thanks to a little Christmas elf who came along and helped spread the Christmas spirit the kids actually have presents to open from me. Their stockings are full. And even though I know what the holiday actually represents part of the joy was seeing the kids' faces as they opened up their presents, seeing the excitement over getting something they really wanted. There will be more presents later tonight when Kristi and Carson get here, but it makes me a little teary eyed not being able to give them what I wanted to.

The most important thing is that we're together.....the three of us, with family. Even if the teenagers would rather be elsewhere, they will look back on this eventually with fond memories.

This Christmas makes me realize that it really is a new beginning for all of us. A work in progress..... Things have changed dramatically over the last year for us in many ways. But it was all for the best and things continue to get better on a daily basis. I've made lots of new friends, let go of some others, and realized what is really important in my life. I'm learning to set my boundaries and live my life the way I want to live it. I only hope I can teach this to my children. That might be the best Christmas gift I could give them.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Juleah said...

I think you are an amazing woman. You are such a joy to be around. Your postitive outlook will go far. I know you feel as if you have failed many times in your life, but that failure has made you who you are today. It has been a pleasure knowing you just a bit more over the last year. I pray for peace, health and happiness for you and your family this next coming year. May it be the year that all things come together for good.

Kelli Thomas said...

Juleah.....thank you so much. You are an inspiration yourself, not only to me, but my daughter.

What happens when you take a break from Facebook?

Eleven days I ago I deactivated my Facebook account. The negative posts, political bashing, and idiotic memes were beginning to have an adve...